It appears that this site has been nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award. I am not really sure what that entails or what it requires or even what it means. But it is nice to think that someone out there is reading my scribblings. The site was nominated by a lovely blogger at http://memyselfandela.wordpress.com/ Thank you, memyselfandela! She and her site are in the UK and the site features some of the most beautiful black-and-white photos usually accompanied by inspirational and thoughtful writing. There is also a wide range of music videos –everything from Gershwin and Sting to Apocalyptica and Amy Winehouse–as well as cartoons, translations, and intriguing links. When any of you get a moment, check her site out. And again, thank you memyselfandela for the nomination.
Part of the nomination process is that I have to list seven things about myself. Awkwardly, I say this:
1. I own five guitars and a mandolin.
2. I had a dog named Max but he died.
3. The first song I played to a sizable audience was Donovan’s “Atlantis.” I was 17 years old and I’m sure I was sincere.
4. I once had a pretty famous literary agent in Dublin. The last I heard from her, she was flying to Italy with the manuscript of my novel. That was sixteen years ago.
5. For a very long time, I used to play in an Irish band. It has become much more successful now that I’ve quit.
6. When I was 18-years old I hitchhiked across the U.S.
7. I was once on stage with Bob Dylan and the Band. I sat on a folding chair behind towers and towers of speakers and could barely see a thing.
Another part of this process is that I have to list 15 blogging sites. I don’t read that many blogs regularly except for the ones I have on my blogroll and the various people’s blogs who “like” certain posts I put up. I am not particularly comfortable doing this, but here goes: